246. I entered this contest with encouragement from Marina and I learned that I won!! Yay 4 me!! I didn't win the autographed book, but I won ALL 3 books from the series. And get this...I also won some....teehee...dare I say it.....chocolate!!!! Be still my heart. I cannot wait to sink my teeth in the books. Ha! You thought I was going to say chocolate, didn't ya? Admit it. If you're nice to me maybe I will share!
247. I was able to go to my niece and nephew's graduation open houses. It's nice to see so many people at each of them. I love to see friends and family supporting young people that are going off to start a new life for themselves. You know the kids are excited to go to college, but I know with these two there is also a sense of nervous anticipation as they leave their families. We should all remember to be praying for the college students.
248. This may not sound like a blessing, but it is to me. I take so many things for granted. Our air conditioning went out at home and we have no money to fix it. It has been in the high 80's and 90's this week too! While I am lying in bed all sticky even though I just took a cool shower I am thankful for the roof over my head and all the "stuff" that surrounds me.
249. I had a good doctor's visit with my rheumatologist. I am desperately trying to get off prednisone, but every time I taper down a wee bit it throws me into a flair up. She's giving me some ideas to try so I can get off this nasty medicine! I am thankful for her because she truly listens and she truly wants the best for me.
250. Money was super tight this past week. As in - no money. Literally. I had to borrow money from my daughter to put gas in the car. Our customer was way over due on his payment so we ran out of money. Anyway, the blessing is that we saw that we could live on no money for a week (except for the gas). We became very creative with the things we needed and we managed to clean out some of the shelves in the cupboard! This also helped me just give the money situation completely over to God. Which was not easy I admit! Well, yesterday the one customer finally paid and our other customer sent his payment in two weeks ahead of time!
When you drink soda/pop/coke, do you prefer to drink it from the bottle, a can, or after pouring it into a cup?
I prefer to lick it up...like a kitty. Meow! Actually I have a hard time holding things so I prefer my drinks in a styrofoam cup with a straw and a lid. Because I also tend to spill a lot. You just can't take me anywhere!
How late? I'm up until at least midnight every night. But I would stay awake another hour or two if I knew something good was coming on like ~ Hmmm....I really can't think of anything! Since we have a way to record it why lose my beauty sleep? And if you've seen me lately you would know that I NEED that sleep!
What television show are you willing to stay up late to watch?
My husband, David, truly is brilliant! His mind is amazing and I cannot keep up with him. He has engineered several products for Mustangs and has two of them with a pending patent. We receive calls all the time from people all over the world that has heard of him and his reputation for being the one to ask the all important questions when it comes to their cars. In fact, we just received an e-mail from a gentleman in Russia today wanting to buy pur products. I thought that was pretty cool!
Name one person, place, or thing you think of as brilliant.
Would you be willing to work 4 10-hour days instead of 5 8-hour days in order to save gas?
We own our own shop and kinda have to be here six days of the week. I would love to be able to work four days a week. That sounds lovely! But nope. Gas around town right now is $3.86! It has actually gone down a few cents. Yippeeeee!!
If you were a superhero,what would you call yourself?
Good question! Hmmm, I would call myself Bionic Blue. I have many replacement joints which makes me bionic and of course, my most favoritest color in the whole world is BLUE!!!
I can hear your cries now ~ "Bionic Blue, I've fallen and I can't get up! Please help!"
Yep, that's my new alter ego!